Wednesday, January 18, 2012

CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE


Food was my best friend.  It was next to me, never complaining, always making my mood better.

When I was sad, I was eating.  When I was lonely, I was eating...day, night.  It didn't really matter.  I was eating whenever I felt like it, because I felt ugly anyway.

When I ate, I tried to avoid the mirrors.  I was afraid to face the truth, to admit that I make myself even more ugly.

I knew that I can change my behavior and nobody is going to help me with that.  Nobody could stop me eaitng, only I could do that.

I decided that I will be eating in front of the mirror.  I was hoping that looking at my ugly image will stop me eaitng.  It did not, but it did something else!


First time in my life I started to look at myself, really look.

I was looking at my feet and I realized that they are beautiful.  They are because I can walk.
My hands are beautiful because they help me to do so many things.

This same with my eyes, lips, nose, ears.  The shape does matter.  My body is beautiful because it is mine and it allows me to function.


This exercise did not stop compulsive eating.

This exercise made me realize that I am not ugly, I am beautiful.


We all are beautiful but we have to believe that!

No comments:

Post a Comment