Thursday, February 2, 2012

EVERYONE CAN LOSE WEIGHT!

My grandmother makes the best coffee ever: with half & half and 5 spoons of sugar! 


A while ago she complained to me about the pain in her legs.
I knew that it would go away if she lost weight...but how can you explain to an older person that she should exercise and drink black coffee?

I told my grandmother that healthy diet and some exercise should solve the problem and she decided to try both!


We worked on the diet plan and the schedule that would best work for her. 
She made some changes with her meals and started to walk around the house.


At first she could not adjust to the new lifestyle but the pain went away and it was her best motivation!

She lost a lot of weight and exercises every day!


Now my grandmother drinks coffee with milk and sweetener and uses bicycle to go grocery shopping!


I think that this story shows that everyone can lose weight!










2 comments:

  1. Well, yes, everyone can lose weight, but it's not just as cut and dry like that. People have different metabolisims, deifferent medications that effect their weight, hormonal issues (like menopause) and then above all, it is also a psycological battle. So sure everyone can lose weight, just like everyone techinically everyone can learn to ride a bike, but it's not always a simple thing for people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie,

    You are very much right.

    I tried to lose weight while living with my parents and I could not...my mother was telling me every day how fat I was and she hated me for that...food was the only friend I had...how could I give up on my friend?

    I have learned thought that giving people hope is very important...we need hope to know that life can be better...we all need hope!

    The story about my grandmother shows that we can do something with the right motivation...it wasn't easy for her to change her life habits but she did that and I am so proud of her ;-)

    Best regards,
    Monika

    ReplyDelete